Occupational Therapy Open Faculty Position
Assistant Professor Position, Tenure Track
Department of Occupational Therapy
University of New Hampshire
We invite energetic and motivated candidates to join our dynamic and expanding department at a high-level research university. The Occupational Therapy Department actively promotes a scholarly, enriching environment in which we integrate research, teaching, and service.
We welcome applications from candidates with the following credentials and experiences:
- A Ph.D. or research doctorate in occupational therapy or related field
- A well-defined program of scholarship with some preliminary publications
- At least 3 years practice experience preferably in area(s) of geriatrics or mental health
- An occupation-focused perspective
- Teaching experience preferred
- Post-Doctoral experience considered a strength
- Eligible for NBCOT certification and state licensure
Responsibilities that accompany this position include:
- Teaching undergraduate and graduate courses
- Implementing a well-defined fundable program of scholarship with ongoing dissemination
- Advising undergraduate and graduate students
- Mentoring students in research
- Engaging in internal and external collaborations
- Contributing to Departmental, College and University service
Experience the beauty and tranquility of New England while being in proximity to the world-class historic city of Boston! The University of New Hampshire is in a spectacular location with easy access to gorgeous ocean beaches, majestic White Mountains, quintessential New England towns, wooded forests, and serene lakes. Boston is only about an hour away by drive or by non-stop train from our campus. The quaint university town of Durham is an ideal place for raising a family. It has a highly ranked school system that is considered the very best in New England.
Application: Please apply online at https://jobs.usnh.edu to receive full consideration for this position. Under search positions, put in PF0021FY16 under posting number. In addition, please request three professional letters of reference be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Anticipated start date for the position is Fall 2016.
For more information, please contact any member of the search committee:
- Sajay Arthanat, PhD, OTR/L, ATP, Search Committee Chair, 603.862.1625, email@example.com
- Alexa Trolley-Hanson, MS OTR/L, 603.862.5289, Trolley-Hanson@unh.edu; or
- Lou Ann Griswold, PhD, OTR/L, FAOTA, 603.862.3416, firstname.lastname@example.org
The University seeks excellence through diversity among its administrators, faculty, staff, and students. The university prohibits discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, veteran status, or marital status. Application by members of all underrepresented groups is encouraged.
Apply for this position: https://jobs.usnh.edu/postings/21379
Search for posting number: PF0021FY16