The Mission of the Department of Communication Sciences and Disorders is to:
- Educate students about the science and art of communication, its processes, and disorders;
- Advance knowledge through research in the fields of speech, language, hearing, and swallowing;
- Prepare students to make meaningful contributions in the field of speech-language pathology and demonstrate the highest regard for ethical and professional standards;
- Foster problem solving, creative thinking, and advocacy with the ultimate goal being the betterment of the human condition;
- Maintain a culture that values continuous scholarship and learning as modeled and shared by faculty.