The Outdoor Education program at the University of NH is designed to develop leaders in the educational and therapeutic uses of physical activity in natural and adventure-based environments. Students complete coursework in methods and theories of experiential learning, leadership development, program management and wilderness emergency medicine. Part of the requirements of the major is devoted to students developing a specialization area of application. Examples include but are not limited to education, business, social work and recreation.
Skills and upper-level classes are small in size, allowing students to directly apply their learning to teaching and leading community and school groups. Upon graduation, students have the technical, leadership and human relation skills to effectively deliver outdoor programs in a variety of front-country or back-country environments.
- Wednesday's Wildcat Friends 4:00 PM - NH Hall GymApril 5th, 2017
- Sports Studies Internship Night 6:00 PM to 8:00 PM - New Hampshire Hall Rm: 208April 6th, 2017
- Wednesday's Wildcat Friends 4:00 PM - NH Hall GymApril 12th, 2017
- APE Conference 8:30 AM to 2:30 PM - New Hampshire HallApril 14th, 2017
- Wednesday's Wildcat Friends 4:00 PM - NH Hall GymApril 19th, 2017