Admission to Sport Studies
Transferring into Sport Studies
Procedure for Internal Transfer Application to Sport Studies Option – To Begin in Fall 2005
Admission decisions on internal transfer into Sport Studies will be made by the Sport Studies faculty. Space in the option is limited by available faculty and staff resources. Applications may be submitted for admission to either the fall or the winter semester. All decisions will be made between semesters after a review of grades for the latest semester. Admissions will be granted based on space available. The faculty will consider overall G.P.A., grades in prerequisite courses, performance in other Sport Studies courses or activities, and resume. Attitude and commitment will play a major role in consideration. Only completed applications will be considered. Applicants will receive a letter of acceptance, deferral, or denial from the Department Chair. All decisions must be considered final.
Prerequisites and procedures:
- Complete KIN 580 and 565 with a grade of B- or better
- Complete PSYC 401 and Stats with C or better
- Overall GPA of 2.5 or higher
- Submit the following to the Department Office, Room 107, New Hampshire Hall:
- signed Transfer Application Form (or available in Room 107)
- unofficial (or WebCat) transcript
- resume, which must include contact information on two sport industry professionals who can speak to the candidate’s work (paid or volunteer) during the candidate’s college years.
- personal plan that speaks to career interest in school or college athletics or coaching at any level.
- All materials must be received by Stephanie McAdams in Room 107, New Hampshire Hall by December 1 (for winter admission) or May 1 (for fall admission).
- After submission of completed application, schedule an interview with Heather Barber or Karen Collins. Part of this interview will include a careful evaluation of all courses in major and cognate needed to earn degree. Applications will not be processed without this interview.
- Go to the Registrar’s office and request that a transcript be sent to Stephanie McAdams' attention, after grades are posted for the semester.
Examples of application materials
Applications will be reviewed after final transcripts are received. Students who do not follow the procedures or who miss deadlines will not be admitted to the program.