- DirectConnect was a three year grant funded by the Department of Labor with American Recovery and Reinvestment Act funds. DirectConnect was created to address the growing need for additional direct care workers in NH and to improve training and educational opportunities for workers pursuing careers in this field.
Interactive Direct Care Career Lattice
- Through DirectConnect an interactive career guide was created to provide awareness and career guidance to those interested in starting or growing their career in direct care. The guide identifies direct-care career opportunities tailored to fit individual needs, preferences, and career aspirations through an interactive format.
NH Coalition for the Direct Care Workforce (Coalition)
- The Coalition was created in 2007 and is focused on understanding the demographics of the direct care workforce; educating legislators and policy makers about the needs of this workforce; and providing training and education on best practices in recruiting, training, and retaining direct care workers.
- The Coalition, in collaboration with The Carsey Institute at UNH, conducted a survey of NH’s direct care workers and published a policy brief Home Care Workers: Keeping Granite Staters in Their Homes as They Age.
- The white paper Strategies to Invest in the Future of the Direct Care Workforce was developed utilizing these survey findings.