Spring 2021 Virtual Resume Review Day
Wednesday, February 17, 2021 - 11:00am to 2:00pm
UNH Get Hired Series:
Virtual Resume Review Day with Industry Experts
What is Resume Review Day?This event brings employers, hiring managers, and alumni together virtually to offer 1-on-1 resume review to students from all majors and with all career interests. This is not an interview or formal application for a specific job/internship within one of the companies, but an incredible opportunity for students to get tips and feedback on their resume from industry experts that look at thousands each year.
Employers will begin registering in December 2020.
Favorite this event to stay up to date on which organizations will be in attendance
How do I share my resume with Employers?
This semester, you will have two options for sharing your resume for feedback:
- Share your screen. Have a copy of your resume open on your computer during the event and share your screen with the employer.
- Create a shareable link. Share the link with the employer in the chat box of your 1:1 meeting.
How do I prepare for Resume Review Day?
- Resume Resources
- Download a template from CaPS to help you get started
- Utilize VMock, UNH's online resume review tool (available 24/7)
- Schedule an appointment with your college's CaPS team through Handshake
- As soon as you sign up for a virtual fair session with an employer, they are able to view your Handshake Profile
- Make a good first impression and fill in your profile completely
- CaPS Video: How to: First Time Profile Set Up
- CaPS Video: How To: Update your Handshake Profile from Your Resume
- HS Article: Build Profile from Resume
- HS Article: How to Upload a New Document
- Mark the resume as "Feature on Profile"
- Set your profile privacy to either Employers or Community
- It's important to give yourself options, create a public link to your resume as an alternative method for sharing
- CaPS Video: How To: Create a Shareable Link to your Resume
Pro-Tips for During the Event
- To Cancel a Session
- If you can’t make a session that you've registered for, we highly suggest you cancel the session instead of just skipping it
- HS Article: Managing Virtual Fair Sessions
- Handshake Fairs do NOT have virtual backgrounds, so if using video to chat, ensure your dorm/room background is appropriate for speaking with a potential employer
- Text written in the chat during a session is NOT saved
- Copy any contact information or details the recruiter has shared with you before leaving the session!