Programs at the Child Study and Development Center
The CSDC offers four early childhood programs in eight classroom groupings for up to 122 children. The age-ranges for most of our programs is aligned with age-ranges used by the public schools for entry into Grade 1. The age range for the full-time infants, toddlers and young preschoolers may vary according classroom space available and the child’s developmental needs.
- Full-time Infant-Toddler Program, consisting of an infant classroom (9 infants/young toddlers, 6 weeks to typically 17 months at the beginning of the CSDC school year, with 3 full-time teachers) and a toddler classroom (12 toddlers, typically 18 months to 33 months at the beginning of the CSDC school year, with 3 full-time teachers).
- Full-time Preschool Program, consisting of the Preschool 1 classroom for 3-4 year olds (15 children, typically 34 months at the beginning of the CSDC school year to turning 4 years by October 1st, with 3 full-time teachers and interns) and the Preschool 2 classroom for 4-5 year-olds (16 children, turning 4 years by September 30th to turning 5 years by October 1st, with 2 full-time teachers and interns).
- Full-time Kindergarten Program: 20 children, turning 4.6 years by September 30th with 2 full-time teachers and interns.
The first two are full-day programs operating from 7:30am-5:30pm that are open to children of full-time students, benefits-eligible staff, and full-time faculty at UNH. These classrooms operate for the entire school year with a few weekly closures in the winter and summer months.
The Kindergarten is also a full-day program with the same hours but with open community admissions. However, the Kindergarten classroom only operates from late-August to mid-June.
- Part-time Nursery Programs, consisting of:
- Nursery 1 classroom for 2-3 year-olds (12 children, turning 2 years by September 30th turning 3 throughout the school year, with 2 full-time staff and 2 interns) meeting Tuesday and Thursday from 9am-12noon.
- Nursery 2 classroom for 3-4 year-olds (18 children, turning 3 years by September 30th turning 4 throughout the school year, with 2 full-time teachers and 2-3 student interns) meeting Monday, Wednesday and Friday from 9am-12noon.
- Nursery 3 classroom for 4-5 year-olds (20 children, turning 4 years by September 30th turning 5 throughout the school year, with 2 full-time teachers and 2-3 student interns) meeting Monday through Thursday from 1pm-4pm.
The Nursery Programs are part-day (3 hours) with open admissions for children ranging from two to five years of age from the community. This program runs during the academic year approximately late August - early May & June depending on the classroom.
Please visit Classrooms and choose the classroom your are interested in learning about to read about Curriculum and current classroom happenings. Please refer to Admissions for detailed information about our policies, deadlines and applications.