How do I apply to the MFT Program?
a. Applicants for the Marriage and Family Therapy Programs should choose program code
HDFS FAM STDY: MS: PJ49 in the on-line application.
2. Pay the required application fee
3. Ensure all supporting materials are sent directly to the UNH Graduate School
a. Applicants to the MFT program are required to submit answers to five MFT-specific
questions in lieu of the personal statement
Marriage and Family Therapy Questions
- Identify what you feel are the essential characteristics of a functional family.
- Describe the reasons why you are interested in becoming a marriage and family therapist.
- What do you think are the major challenges faced by contemporary marriage and family therapists?
- What are your professional goals?
- Identify your personal characteristics, skills, and experiences that will facilitate your success in achieving your professional goals.
b. Three Letters of recommendation
- Letters should address particular strengths that the applicant will bring to the program
- Letters should evaluate the applicant’s potential in their chosen field
c . Transcripts from all colleges/universities attended
4. The department does not require the GRE for admission
Applications are not reviewed until all supporting materials are received. The deadline to submit all full-time MFT application materials is January 15th. All applications received by January 15th will be considered for department and university aid. The deadline for part-time materials is May 15th. Any applications received after January 15th will not be considered for department aid. University or other sources for aid may be available. Students who are admitted into the MFT Program may begin in the fall semester only.