Research, Reports, and Articles
Health Law and Policy programs conducts evidenced based research in the area of health policy, including:
- Data and Policy Briefs: The Institute for Health Policy and Practice (IHPP) is pleased to release the first two, in a series of data and policy briefs, that seek to inform the current conversations about health reform happening across the state. The first brief uses data from the American Community Survey to provide information about the health insurance coverage landscape in NH. The second brief uses national and state data to describe the NH population enrolled in the health insurance plans through the NH Marketplace
- Brief #1 Covering the Care: Health Insurance Coverage in New Hampshire
- Brief #2 Covering the Care: A Focus on the NH Marketplace
- Brief #3 Covering the Care: Cost Sharing Reductions in NH
- Brief #4 Covering the Care: Medicaid, Work, and Community Engagement
- Regulatory Questions and Answers - May 2018: A set of questions and answers summarizing the Granite Advantage Work and Community Engagement requirements for New Hampshire’s Medicaid expansion plan.
- Medicaid One-Pagers: Jointly developed by the Institute for Health Policy and Practice and the NH Health Law and Policy Programs, the five overview documents below highlight the details of five state Medicaid programs - New Hampshire, Maine, Massachusetts, Rhode Island and Vermont. These overview documents were developed to provide a summary of each state’s population, currently eligibility guidelines, the history of each state’s program and more.
- New Hampshire
- Rhode Island
- NH Medicaid Long Term Care Quick Facts, June 2018
- Resource Guide and Video for Addiction and Mental Health Care Consumers: Recognizing there is a growing need to educate consumers with health insurance coverage in New Hampshire about how to navigate addiction and mental health care services, the University of New Hampshire School of Law and UNH’s Institute for Health Policy and Practice, in collaboration with the nonprofit New Futures, developed this guide to help individuals and families in the state access addiction and mental health care services.
- Download the Resource Guide
- Watch the Video
- Regulatory Barries to Value Based Payment Reform in NH: Stage 1
- Stage 1 Executive Summary
- Key NH and Federal Statutes Regulating Health Care Delivery and Payment includes;
- Summary of NH and Federal Regulations by Subject Matter
- Chart of NH State Agency Responsibilities
- Federal Laws and Regulations: An Index
- Model All-Payer Database Legislation: The Health Law and Policy team has worked to enhance the public availability of critical healthcare claims data needed for the development of innovative public health and policy strategies across the country. With the APCD Council, the team published “Model All-Payer Claims Database Legislation.” The model legislation provides guidance for developing legislation for state all-payer claims database systems. The Health Law and Policy Team has helped draft briefs for SCOTUS comments to federal meetings and information for states and employers regarding the impact of the Gobeille decision on All Payer Claims Database efforts.
For additional authored articles and events, go to Lucy Hodder's faculty page.