Internal Transfer

Internal Transfer for Students Currently Enrolled at UNH

The nursing department welcomes applications for admission from students enrolled at UNH who wish to transfer from other degree programs. Students who wish to transfer into nursing from another degree program at the University of New Hampshire should submit an Internal Transfer Application online.  Applications require the following materials be uploaded in .doc or .pdf format

1) Copy of all UNH grade reports printed from Webcat and any transfer credit grade reports or transfer credit transcript.

2) A letter of intent outlining reasons for applying to the nursing program. Letter should be one-two pages, double spaced.

Applications are submitted online, the link will be published on this page when the application cycle reopens

Application deadline is March 1 (or next business day).  Students are admitted for fall semester, nursing sophomore level only. The minimum cumulative GPA for application is 3.2. All nursing pre-requisites must be completed or in process at the time of application with at least one final grade from Human Anatomy & Physiology. These include: ENGL 401, First-Year Writing; PSYC 401, Introduction to Psychology; BMS 507, Human Anatomy & Physiology; and BMS 508, Human Anatomy & Physiology. All prerequisite courses must be passed with a grade of C or better.

We will consider students who are strong in the biomedical science major who have not completed or who are not currently enrolled in the nursing pre-requisite courses.  If accepted, the student must successfully complete any remaining nursing pre-requisite courses with a grade of C or better in the summer prior to enrolling in first-semester, nursing sophomore-level courses.  The student must submit summer grade report, if taken at UNH or UNH-Manchester, or official transcript, if taken outside UNH or UNH-Manchester, to Department of Nursing.  Student must follow Registrar's Office policy for transfer credit with prior approval form.

The following high school courses must be completed with a grade of C or better:  chemistry and biology or chemistry and physics.  If chemistry was not taken in high school or if grade was less than C in high school, the student must successfully complete biochemistry or chemistry with a grade of C or better prior to the first clinical course, NURS 516, Health Assessment and Nursing Fundamentals.  For more information, contact the Department of Nursing at

The undergraduate nursing program director may contact you to request an interview as part of the application process


External Transfer

We are unable to consider external transfer students to the nursing program.