This video provides a use-case example of remote patient monitoring in the context of someone living with a chronic disease. The animation and live mock visit between a provider and client tells the story of how RPM might be utilized. The video was created as a collaboration between NETRC, UMTRC, TTAC, and faculty from the UNH Telehealth Practice Center.
Quickstart Guide to Teleprecepting: An Interdisciplinary Guide for Conducting Successful Teleprecepting Patient Visits
- Quick Guide to Telepractice Best Practices
- Tips for a successful Telehealth visit
- Tips for a Successful Telehealth Visit (LARGE PRINT)
- Pre COVID-19 Environmental Scan of Telepractice Activities in NH
- TPC Statewide Survey Infographic
- Telepractice Videos
These videos were created to educate health care providers and students on best practices when engaging in telepractice. The videos highlight the use of telepresence robot, but all of the best practice tips can be applied to telehealth universally regardless of the technology used. The series follows a patient from an initial psychiatric consult with a primary care provider to the visit via telepractice with a psychiatric provider. Engaging in telepractice involves the use of many different skills. These videos cover how to evaluate a patient for a telepractice referral, introduce the patient to telepractice, make a warm handoff to the specialist via telepractice, build rapport using tele-etiquette, and conduct the telepsych visit. The videos are broken down into separate segments and can be used as needed for various educational venues.
Creation of these videos is supported by the Advanced Nursing Education and Workforce Initiative, Health Resources and Services Administration (HRSA) of the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services (HHS) as part of an award totaling $2.8 million dollars with percentage financed with nongovernmental sources. The contents are those of the author(s) and do not necessarily represent the official views of, nor an endorsement, by HRSA, HHS or the U.S. Government.
- February 2, 2021: Telehealth Practice Center partners with corrections and recovery centers to increase access to telehealth in rural areas of NH. READ THE ARTICLE
- May 25, 2020: Dr. Marcy Doyle interviewed by the NH Union Leader on Project ECHO Medications for Addiction Treatment and the transition to telebehavioral health. READ THE ARTICLE
- April 3, 2020: Dr. Gene Harkless interviewed by NHPR on The Exchange Call-In Special: Health Care Workers On The Pandemic's Frontlines for a New England News Collaborative’s America Amplified live call-in special. Health care workers in New England are facing incredible challenges on the frontlines of the coronavirus pandemic, from long hours and dangerous conditions to shifting public policies. LISTEN NOW
- March 17, 2020: Dr. Scott Valcourt interviewed by NHPR during the COVID-19 pandemic discussing the digital divide and virtual connectivity opportunities in New Hampshire. READ THE ARTICLE
- July 17, 2018: Dr. Jeanne Ryer interviewed by NHPR on the state of telemedicine in NH. LISTEN NOW