Chantal Cole

Chantal Cole launched her career as a hospital labor and delivery nurse before becoming an educator, starting as an adjunct instructor with Rivier University and University of New Hampshire before joining the full-time UNH nursing faculty. On UNH Commencement Day in 2023, she stepped onto the stage to receive a diploma after completing the online DNP (Doctor of Nursing Practice) program.

“As a faculty member, I knew the DNP program was designed to accommodate working students and many talented graduates have pursued successful careers. The DNP puts me on an equal footing with other nursing professionals and opens the door to a multitude of leadership opportunities in healthcare.”

Cole earned a bachelor of science in biology from Saint Anselm College, an associate of science as a registered nurse and a master’s degree in nursing education from River University. She enjoys teaching and mentoring the next generation of nurses but, as a DNP graduate, considers the long-term possibility of moving into a hospital leadership role.

“The DNP program built my leadership knowledge base and the quality improvement project requirement was a unique opportunity to dig into the topic of my choice, working with area professionals to propose and measure the effectiveness of exciting new tools to help women in labor. I am thrilled to add the DNP to my nursing repertoire and proud to be a UNH graduate.”

Categories