Meet Jay Lebrecque

My name is Jay LeBrecque. I am a senior at UNH and I am a Social Work, Justice Studies, and Women's and Gender Studies triple major.

Why Study Social Work?

Jay:  You can get jobs in a lot of areas with a social work degree. I think it's really important for students who are coming in to recognize that there are a lot of different things you can do. There will always be jobs in social work. As I'm graduating and going into the workforce I have a lot of job opportunities, and that's not true for all majors.

What are you most proud of during your time at UNH?

Jay: I'm most proud of how far I've come as a person and how much I have learned and absorbed. I think my biggest source of of pride is in the amount of opportunities that I have taken. I've taken pretty much every opportunity that's been given to me and I think that's absolutely essential to success. I'm proud of being able to juggle all the things that I've had to do.

What would you say to someone considering pursuing a degree in social work?

Jay: My age group and those coming up will really fight for better treatment and better benefits for social workers which is really important. I'm hoping that that will make the jobs more attractive and enticing, but also really allow for more people to enter these absolutely essential fields- social work will always be essential.

Categories