No Appointment Necessary
Careers with a Kinesiology Degree
Teaching is a wonderful profession for anyone interested in promoting the health and well-being of school age students, and school programs in general. As a health and physical education teacher, you will be shaping a future where all schools have well-designed physical activity programs. Most importantly, you have the opportunity to make a difference in the lives of children young adults.
As a health sciences major at UNH, this program of study will prepare you for a range of careers in the large and interdisciplinary healthcare field. This versatile major provides the foundational, prerequisite knowledge for graduate education in health professions, and is general enough to give you flexibility to structure your program of study to your professional career interests. A health sciences student will have an academic advisor who understands the requirements and nuances of applying to advanced degree programs. Students will receive instruction in the life sciences, personal and community health and welfare, nutrition, epidemiology, injury and disease prevention, diagnosis and treatment, fitness and exercise, and health behaviors.
Sport Mangagement and Leadership graduates have found success securing positions in the industry. Here are a few positions students earned upon graduation:
- U.S. Marketing Manager, Bauer-Nike Hockey
- Assistant to the President, NBC Sports
- Inside Sales Representative, Boston Celtics
- Marketing Assistant, University of Maryland
- Assistant Ticket Mgr., U.S. Naval Academy
- Special Events Coordinator, The Jimmy Fund
- Teacher/Coach, Oyster River Middle School
- Marketing Coordinator, Brine Inc.
- Athletic Director, Salem (NH) High School
- Asst. Athletics Director, Emmanuel College
- Sports Writer, Foster's Daily Democrat
- Sports Writer, Manchester Union