|CHHS First Year Students
|1-2 credits depending on major or Undeclared
|CR - Pass/Fail
|Varies by section - see yourschedule for confirmation
The first-year experience ACE seminar will:
- Offer discussion prompts and activities to develop a strong community of learners.
- Assist students with navigation of academic and co-curricular resources.
- Help students develop or strengthen skills in active learning, reflection, and decision making.
Students are expected to:
- Participate as an active member of a diverse CHHS community of learners.
- Identify and utilize various campus resources available to them.
- Practice inclusive classroom discussion and collaboration.
- Develop and/or strengthen skills in areas such as time management, informed decision making.
- Reflect on their first semester experience and articulate their goals.
- Successfully explore major and career options.
Major section: Meets once weekly for 50 minutes run by an ACE Team member and your ACE Peer Mentor.
Undeclared section: Meets once weekly for 1 hour and 20 minutes run by Danielle LaPointe and your ACE Peer Mentor.