Internal Transfer Process

All CHHS majors require an application process. Please explore the majors and their unique internal transfer requirements. Questions can be directed to the major coordinator listed or to

If you are a student transferring into UNH from another institution, please visit the UNH Admissions website for more information. 

CHHS Majors

Hewitt Hall 187

  • A GPA of 3.0 or higher (on average) and a B or better in COMM 420
  • Student who do not meet the above guideline are welcome to submit an application.
  • The committee reviews each application on an individual basis. Exceptions to the guidelines may occur based on factors such as courses completed and the applicant's essay.

Deadlines: March 15th for Fall start 

October 15th for spring start

How to ApplyCSD Internal Transfer Information


  • Overall GPA of 3.00 or higher
  • Minimum grade of C in major required courses
  • Complete BMS 507 and one other major required course
  • Letter of interest
  • Grade report (screenshot of “class history” link in degreeworks)
  • Complete checklist provided by department

*acceptable required courses: BMS 508, EXSC 520, EXSC 620, NUTR 400, CHEM 403, CHEM 404, PSYC 401

Deadline:  January 7 for spring start and June 7 for fall start

How to ApplyExercise Science Internal Application 
NH Hall 302 

  • Overall GPA of 2.67 or higher (C average)
  • Letter of Interest 
  • Interview with program coordinator, Holly Alperin

*Courses previously taken that are required for the major must have a “C” or better

Deadline: Rolling admission

How to Apply: Contact Holly Alperin

Anne Jamieson


  • Students must meet with the academic department coordinator
  • Overall GPA of 3.00 or higher
  • Must complete 1 required course with a grade of B- or higher

HMP 401, 403, 501, ENGL 502, MATH 420 or higher, Statistics.

Deadline: Rolling admission

How to Apply: Meet with Pamela Thomas to discuss requirements and application process.


  • Overall GPA of 3.00 or higher
  • Complete BMS 507 and be enrolled in or completed BMS 508 with "C" or better
  • Letter/essay of interest for the Health Sciences major

These requirements reflect the minimum standards for eligible applicants; competitive applicants will exceed these benchmarks by showing proof of academic excellence.

Deadline: April 15th

How to Apply:  Health Sciences application

Jill Trumbell
Pettee Hall 310

  • Overall GPA of 2.6 or higher for all specializations
  • Students should speak with department coordinator to discuss different specializations.

Deadline: October 1 or March 1

How to Apply: HDFS application

Patti Puccilli  
Hewitt Hall 259

  •  Overall GPA of 3.2 or higher (minimum requirement)
  • Complete ENGL 401, PSYC 401, BMS 507 and be enrolled in or completed BMS 508 with "C" or better
  • Can take ENGL 401 in spring if necessary
  • High School Chemistry and Biology with a “C” or better
  • Spring Info Session held in Feb for interested candidates – contact dept for date
  • Competitive applicants will be interviewed prior to decisions in March in person and in June via zoom or in person
  • Essay required

Deadline: March 1 

Note - students are admitted for fall semester at the nursing sophomore level only

How to ApplyNursing Transfer Information

  • Overall GPA of 3.0 or higher
  • Complete or be enrolled in PSYC 401, BMS 507, BMS 508, OT 510 (or equivalent);
  • Completion of OT 500 is desired 
  • Complete online application which includes:
    • Essay
    • Plan for completing pre-requisite and required coursework and Discovery requirements through the Senior year
    • Two letters of recommendation
    • A copy of transcript or summary of university/college coursework completed to date, with grades (unofficial transcript is OK)

Students should review application information for internal transfer students and detailed information about the program on the Occupational Therapy Department website. Students are encouraged to make an appointment with the department’s internal transfer advisor prior to applying or completing fall semester registration.

Deadline: Final Friday of October, of sophomore year

How to Apply: Internal Transfer Process

Outdoor Leadership and Management


Deadline: Applications are accepted throughout the year and decisions are made on a rolling admission basis.  

How to ApplyRMP Application Information

Program and Event Management

Sean McLaughlin   
Hewitt 107                        

Deadline: Applications are accepted throughout the year and decisions are made on a rolling admission basis.

How to Apply: RMP Application Information

Therapeutic Recreation

Matt Frye
Hewitt 132

  •  Overall GPA of 2.5 or higher
  • Interview with option coordinator
  • Application (available on website or in Hewitt Hall 108)

Deadline: Applications are accepted throughout the year and decisions are made on a rolling admission basis.              

How to ApplyRMP Application Information

 Gretchen Bean
Pettee Hall 241

  • Overall GPA of 2.6 or higher
  • Complete online application
  • Meet with department coordinator
  • "C" or better in all completed major coursework

Deadline: Contact department for details

How to Apply: Social Work Application Information


  •  Overall GPA of 2.5 or higher
  • Complete SML 580 with "B-" or better
  • Complete Statistics with "C" or better
  • Attend informational session (see date below)
  • Resume and contact information for two sport industry professionals familiar with your experiences.
  • Copy of unofficial transcript
  • Personal career plan - information on website

Spring Information Session: March 14, New Hampshire Hall G44 12:40 pm

Deadline: December 1

How to Apply: Sport Management and Leadership - navigate to the "Transfer Student" tab at the bottom of the page



Internal transfer information for non-CHHS majors

College of Engineering and Physical Sciences

Stephanie Wares, Director of Advising & Academic Success,, Kingsbury, 603-862-1783

Abbey Howard, Sr. Academic Advisor,, Kingsbury Hall W255, 603-862-3253

Elvis Marin, Academic Advisor, W250 Kingsbury

For entry into most CEPS programs, there are minimum requirements that include, but are not limited to, grades of C or better in Calculus I and CEPS-specific physical sciences. Please contact your advisor for details before requesting a change of major into a CEPS program.

CEPS Application Information 

College of Liberal Arts

Kevin Sousa, Academic  Affairs Coordinator,, 603-862-2062, 110 Murkland Hall

University Advising Center:

Detailed Application Information by major

COLA Undeclared Student information

College of Life Science and Agriculture

Katie Cousens, Academic Advisor/ Program Coordinator, 603-862-1451, Rudman Hall G05

COLSA Detailed Application Information by major

Peter T Paul College of Business and Economics

For advising contact:, Paul College, Suite 201, 603-862-3885

Paul Detailed Application Information by major